In some cases is needed create high volume of data to test the behavior of one form or table and see if you development is correctly or you should adjust index or improve your x++ code.
The following video will show you how to use the Data Expansion Tool to generate high volume of data.
For this example I’ll create 10000 Sales Orders with only one line per order
- Use two browser tab with you D365FO environment open
- In the first tab, you will create a Data Expansion Tool project and start the recording
- In the second one browser tab, you will execute the process to capture the steps that will used by the Data Expansion Tool to generate the high volume of data
- When you finish the recording you must runt the project to generate the data.
- Project can run interactive or in Batch
Click to expand the gif